Re: Sometimes you just shake your head
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1inStripes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well then which one is local for the LPD? </div></div>
The only one I would consider local would be GC , just the fact that they were in the LPD. The rest ...well the TV is just too far and TS has kinda got a rep for the exchange thing. Yeah, I know it really isn't that far but it isn't the same as playing...say at RC which is close to the same time as TS, but the reception...
Re: Sometimes you just shake your head
Oh okay. I really consider anyone in Region D local, but Hurley is about as far local as I want to go. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
Re: Sometimes you just shake your head
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1inStripes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh okay. I really consider anyone in Region D local, but Hurley is about as far local as I want to go. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] </div></div>
Been there once, never will go again.
Re: Sometimes you just shake your head
Exactly. AOA official knows how to call the game. I watched one of our "great top ten" officals make that stupid looking signal that looks like a 4 year old attempting to make his first dive from the side of the pool in a game this year. You reward the player that gets into position for the rebound and if the player has to go through him to get the ball then it is a push. I can't stand it, when a player has the heighth and talent to jump high enough to reach over an opponet and gets the ball without touching the player, gets a "over the back" call on him. No wonder people yell about it because they see it called all the time.
Re: Sometimes you just shake your head
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: aoaofficial</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't. How does he know that I can't officiate?</div></div>
Maybe he's seen you officiate?
Freakin shot in the dark, but who knows?
Re: Sometimes you just shake your head
Maybe simply by the fact that you are an official in this area, where all of them seem to pretty much stink...Maybe because many don't even know the game, and take their tests in a large group sharing answers so everyone passes and gets certified. It looks good to the VHSL, but they really do not have a clue what is going on...many of them around here can chew on a whistle and make the phantom "Over the back" call that is not in any official rules book...but not much else....
Re: Sometimes you just shake your head
"I can't stand it, when a player has the heighth and talent to jump high enough to reach over an opponet and gets the ball without touching the player, gets a "over the back" call on him. No wonder people yell about it because they see it called all the time"
The folks that get out jumped are just out of luck. The ones the are in position and wind up shoved under the basket while the guy with the whistle stands with a blank look on his face , are the ones I have a problem with. The shoving that begins as soon as the ball crosses the center line needs to stop.